Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Meal Planning

This is my first full week this summer in while I have no obligations or appointments on my calendar! Yay! Time to clean, organize and play and snuggle with Barker!


This week my goal is to start meal planning. I always think we need food and things for dinner, but I get to the grocery store and can't think of anything.

I have big plans for this meal planning thing but for now I've started by downloading an ap called "All the Cooks" on my phone (for storing recipes and finding new ones).

On Monday I picked three meals to plan for this week (Brett was inspired Monday night (Salmon, red beans & rice, and peach crumble!!) so I only had to plan for Tues, Wed & Thurs.

Yesterday morning I made my list and took Barker to the grocery store.

Then last night I tried out a new meal. Alfredo Chicken roll-ups. It's basically shredded chicken rolled up in a lasagna noodle with Alfredo sauce and some seasonings. Oh and of course there is cheese on top! I think it turned out pretty well. Brett even mentioned it to me later that he liked it. So that's an awesome sign. ;)
Click for Recipe

Tonight we're having taco salad. A classic from Mom's house and now in mine.

Happy Cooking!



---------------------------
Vote for my blog! Click below:

Please click! A visit a day boosts my blog ranking at Top Mommy Blogs - The Best Mommy Blog Directory Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment