Friday, October 17, 2014

Felt Shapes

In May I flew with Barker by myself, so, I got some ideas from other moms and put together "travel" toys. One idea was to get felt from the dollar store and create felt shapes on a ribbon that would stay together and not easily fall onto the ground.

Barker liked it at the time, but he was more interested in chewing on the ribbon.

This week I found the discarded ribbon and shapes in my car so I went ahead and washed them.


When I was folding laundry yesterday, Barker discovered the shapes! (They had come off the ribbon.)



The first thing he did was crawl over to the dog to show them to her. (She wasn't that impressed.)

Barker has since then decided they are the coolest thing ever. He takes them wherever he goes to play. When he was pulling out pots and pans in the kitchen, he used them to scrub the pans.

He also liked trying to hold them all at the same time while climbing up a door. Then he would forget to hold on to the door and he'd be standing on his own! (for about 5 seconds at a time)


This morning, he still takes them everywhere. Even when he opens the door to follow me outside.




It's pretty cute. I may have to make some more...



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers


No comments:

Post a Comment