Thursday, October 23, 2014

Delicious Dish for Fall!

I feel like I've been really busy lately, but here is what took up my Tuesday afternoon...

A New Recipe I found on Pinterest!

Tortellini is one of my favorite foods so I couldn't resist trying this, and wow it has a lot of vegetables! I pureed some for Barker the next day and he likes it too. =)

For the full recipe click here.

These are the basic steps:

Cut up and cook some chicken. (I actually just chopped up the chicken we had for dinner the night before.)

Chop up some peppers and butternut squash, then saute. (I replaced the sweet potato with squash because of Barker's sweet potato sensitivity; and left out the mushrooms because mushrooms are "ew")


Mix some chicken stock, milk, garlic salt, pepper, flour and cream of chicken to create the sauce.


Mix the cooked tortellini, veggies, chicken, sauce and add a can of peas and a can of corn. Top with Parmesan and bake.


Plate and enjoy!

It's pretty good! Barker likes it a lot, but he likes anything Mommy is eating these days. ;)

Next time, I'm thinking I'll leave out the peas (I'm not a big sweet pea fan) and maybe add some cheese to the sauce? That will make it healthier right??

Overall, not a hard recipe, but chopping everything takes time. Although it probably wouldn't have taken me as long if I wasn't also keeping an eye on an almost-1-year-old that discovered how to climb the stairs as I was cooking...

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment