Friday, April 15, 2016

Barkerisms

Barker has developed some super cute phrases lately!

Barker is talking in more and more complete sentences and his little toddler voice is ADORABLE. It's so funny to hear what phrases stand out to him and how he then uses them. =)
Here are some of my favorites:

1. I need that.
Any time Barker wants something he tells us he "needs" it. I'm pretty sure this started because I always ask him, "what do you need?" It's so sweet and funny now though. Last week I gave him a cookie (it was a fig newton) and figured I could have my own snack too. Oh no, Barker noticed my little debbie cake. "I need THAT cookie!" he told me. haha Of course I had to share.
"I need hotdogs."


2. *something* Time!
Any time Barker wants something, it because that time. "Milk Time!" "Chicken Time!" "Aunt Sierra Time!" (That was about facetiming ;)) This one stems from his love of PB&J--when I used to sing, "It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!"

3. Beckett *something*
Barker has become a little alarm when it comes to his little brother. He likes to announce (often loudly) whatever Beckett is doing. "Beckett crying!" "Beckett sleeping!" "Beckett hungry!" It's really sweet how much he cares about him. This afternoon Barker was playing on his ipad when he suddenly wanted to see his brother for some reason. He went into the living room and said, "where's Beckett?!" He was rather disappointed to be reminded Beckett was napping.


Other cute phrases he uses often:
"Look at this!" (Somehow this phrase becomes one word.)
"Here ya go Mommy."
"I love you." (Seriously, it melts your heart. He almost always says it back now.)

That sweet little voice helps to make me smile during all the weekly chaos. He may drive me crazy sometimes, but I wouldn't trade our little talker for the world.

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment