Monday, June 30, 2014

Oh Hello There, It's a Busy Summer

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile! I've been investing all my "spare" writing time into our VBS drama at church.

For the past few weeks I've been collaborating with 4 others to create a storyline that aligns with our theme and lessons this year and then, when Barker is napping, I've been writing the script!

Working and collaborating is awesome, I'd forgotten how good that sense of accomplishment feels.
Yesterday was our first cast read through and now I'll be directing the actors! Luckily I can bring Barker with me to rehearsals if needed. It'll continue to be really busy for us until VBS is over on August 10th, but it'll be fun! Luckily Barker is getting better at that whole sleeping thing...

We're also crazy busy with visitors and trips this summer! Brett's older brother's family of 3 visited two weeks ago, Sierra is visiting now, we're leaving for a week long fishing trip in WI on Friday, a week after that my cousin Lauren's family is visiting, then that will overlap with Brett's mom and Aunt visiting...oh then the week after that is VBS...

2nd week of August = time to rest. haha

Although I'm actually trying to arrange swimming lessons for Barker in August/September.

Keeping busy? Why yes, yes we are. But it's a good thing. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment